Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup....for a crowd


I usually just dump in whatever I think of but since I am making 8 to 10 gallons of this for the Women's Conference on the 16th I thought I should write down a recipe to follow.  So yesterday I tried it out and here it is:   (feel free to make adjustments according to your tastes)  

Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup........for a crowd (about 1 1/2 gallon)
1 Gallon water or chicken broth 
1/4 c. chicken bouillon
1 c. chopped onion or 1/2 c. dried 
11/2 c. chopped carrots
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
2 t. granulated garlic
1 t. thyme flakes 
1 to 2 t. salt 
1 t. pepper
1/2 c. chicken gravy mix
2 - 3 T. parsley flakes
3 - 4 c. shredded cooked chicken
16 oz. homestyle country egg noodles (I made homemade egg noodles, but I only made 1 gallon of soup)
Place all ingredients in a roaster oven or crockpot, depending on how much you need to make.  Once the noodles are done turn the heat down to lowest setting.  If you will be cooking it for a long time you might want to wait to add the noodles, so they don't go mushy.  

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies