Monday, May 14, 2012

Herb Garden Salad Dressing


For Mother's Day Steve got me the coolest Patio Stand for all my little herb pots.  (Am I spoiled or what!?)   Last summer I planted a couple of patio herb pots and tucked them in the garage at the end of summer.  They kept me in fresh herbs all winter!!  I know it was a mild winter and that could have been a huge factor in the success.  But this year I am gearing up for even more fresh herbs next winter....wish me luck!!  

Here is a great salad dressing recipe using lots of fresh herbs from your garden… 

Herb Garden Salad Dressing 
3/4 c mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 c. sour cream or greek yogurt
juice of one lemon
1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. chopped, fresh parsley
1/4 c. chopped, fresh oregano
2 T. chopped, fresh chives
1 clove garlic
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
Place in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Will will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies