Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chocolate Pudding Cake......in a crock pot


Laurie Charley and her family came to stay this weekend while they attended the 100th Birthday Party for their Grandma Talbot.  I decided to try this new recipe for chocolate pudding cake I found online this week.  It worked out great I put it all in the crock pot just as Laurie sent a text message that they would be here in less than an hour.  So I turned it on high hoping it would be done in about 1 1/2 hours, and it was!   Since I was serving it with my homemade Chocolate topping and vanilla ice cream I didn't top melt the chocolate chips over the top and I omitted the whipped cream too.  It was yummy, delicious and warm, what a great bedtime treat.  I will definitely make this again!!  
Chocolate Pudding Cake
1 small pkg. (3.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
3 cups cold milk
1 chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream for serving
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
Beat pudding mix and milk together in the slow cooker with a whisk for a couple of minutes.
Prepare cake batter as directed on the box, then pour it over the pudding.
Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. (OR high for 1 1/2 hours)
Turn off the slow cooker, top with chocolate, and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
Top with whipped cream, and serve.


No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies