Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sweet & Sour Cucumbers

Years ago I cut this recipe out of a newspaper.  It has been sitting by my computer since last summer....but I never remember to post it.  On Tuesday Steve & I met my sister, Janet and husband, Vaughn for dinner at Tucanos.   Janet and Steve share the same birthday and so we went to use their birthday coupons.  I really enjoyed the cucumber salad they serve.  I'm thinking this recipe is really similar.

Sweet & Sour Cucumbers
2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced, with 3 inches of green tops (I think red onion would be good too)
2/3 c. rice vinegar
1/3 c. sugar
Combine all ingredients:  marinate for at least half an hour.  With a slotted spoon, serve as a salad or garnish.  Serves 4.

hmmmm......2 cucumber salad posts in December......I think I'm missing summer!!

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies