Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Eve Jello Salad

I think Jello Salad on Christmas Eve is a must....because the grandkids will always eat Jello.  But it is Christmas so it needs to be a little bit fancy.....  I got this recipe from my sister, Kristen.

Christmas Eve Jello Salad
1 lg. box Vanilla or Lemon Cook n Serve Pudding
1 lg. box red or green Jello (I use one small box)
8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
Mix pudding as directed on the box, except; use WATER instead of milk (I use 2 whole eggs instead of 3 yolks).  Bring to a boil and stir in the Jello until completely dissolved.  Pour into a bowl and chill for 2 hours, until set.  Beat with hand mixer, beat in the whipped topping, pour into a pretty bowl and chill until serving time.

If you want to get really fancy.....I put 1/2 of this in a trifle dish.  Then mix up a box of Jello, using a little less water than the box calls for.  Pour this over the layer in the trifle dish and chill until set.  Once set up top it with  the remainder of the Jello Salad mixture.  Top that with more whipped topping if desired.



No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies