Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


I found this new recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread in a brochure from our insurance agent. It sounded good and so I made it into muffins for our YW Friendship Party. They are the darkest colored ones on the bottom tier. They were a hit!!

3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. white flour
1 1/4 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 egg
1 T. oil
1/4 c. chocolate chips (I added 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350. Spray loaf or muffin tins. Mix together all dry ingredients and set aside. Beat together in mixing bowl: pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and oil. Add the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened (do not over mix). Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 1 hour for a large loaf. Since I made mini muffins I only baked them for about 18 minutes.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies