Friday, November 14, 2008

Crock Pot Taco Casserole

I've made taco casseroles before but I don't have a set recipe and so every time I make it I have to invent it again. So here is my latest creation. We liked it but it was in the crock pot about 6 hours and the edges were over done. So next time I will only cook it about 4 hours.

1 lb. hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
15 oz. tomato sauce
1 t. chili powder
2 T. taco seasoning
Doritoes, any flavor you like
1 c. frozen or canned corn, drained
2-16 oz. cans chili
2 to 3 c. grated cheese

Brown and drain the hamburger. Add the onion, garlic and green pepper, continue to cook until tender. Add tomato sauce, chili powder and taco seasoning, stir well and set aside. Grease or spray crock pot. Layer in 5 layers, beginning with the meat mixture. Then add a layer of Doritoes, a layer of corn, a layer of chili and a layer of cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve it with sour cream and salsa. Yummy!!

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies