Saturday, October 18, 2008

Zucchini Multigrain Muffins


Tomorrow my YW Lesson is "Good Health Habits". Since it is almost Halloween I thought we should have some healthy treats. I recently started grinding my own whole wheat flour and so I wanted to make something using my whole wheat flour. And....since I still had a couple of zucchini that needed used I wanted to include them because they are so HEALTHY! After some research I had about 4 recipes that looked good. So I took a little from each one and this is what I came up with. They turned out rather nicely.
Sift together & set aside:
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. oat flour (Blended oatmeal)
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
1 t. baking powder
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
Beat together in mixing bowl:
3 eggs
1 c. applesauce OR 1/2 c. applesauce & 1/2 c. oil
1 c. sour cream OR plain yogurt
1 c. sugar OR 1/2 c. brown sugar & 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. honey
2 t. vanilla
Mix well and add dry ingredients. Fold in:
2 c. zucchini, grated OR 1 c. zucchini & 1 c. carrots
1 c. dried blueberries OR raisins OR nuts
Scoop into sprayed muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 minutes. MAKES 24 to 30 Muffins. I made 20 muffins and 1 small loaf (baked 45 minutes).
Then, Sunday morning before church I decided maybe I should put a little glaze on them. So I did!!
Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
2-3 T. frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
Stir well, add more juice as needed to desired consistency. Spread on top of each muffin. The girls all loved them so I guess they were a success.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies