Monday, April 27, 2015

Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole

I received this recipe from the Garden Valley RS.  

CHICKEN ENCHILADA RICE CASSEROLE
INGREDIENTS
  • 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
  • 2 cups dry Basmati or Jasmine rice
  • 2 cans (10 oz each) Enchilada sauce 
  • 1 can (16 oz) refried beans 
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can mild diced green chilies and tomatoes
  • 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
  • 2 cup Monterey Jack or Colby cheese, shredded
  • 1 can (11 oz) corn kernel
  • optional:
  • cilantro for garnish 
  • tomato sauce
  • 1 can of black olives cut up

Just throw in your crock pot or rice cooker for 30 - 60 mins
I just used the white rice setting on my rice cooker. I cooked my rice the day before but I think it would actually be better if you threw it in uncooked but you will need to add more liquid. Probably 3 cups water, chicken broth or tomato sauce.

I liked it topped with sour cream and served with tortilla chips!
Make it your own- add in whatever you like!

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies