Thursday, October 18, 2012

Friendship Tea

A couple weeks ago I went to Boise to teach a class and  I had prepared a handout of lots of recipes.  I took a jar of my Friendship Tea along and of course someone wanted the recipe for that and I had not included it in my handout.  Since I did include my blog address I told them they could find it here.  I realized yesterday that it wasn't on here yet.  So here it is:

Friendship Tea
2 c. powdered Tang mix
1/4 c. powdered lemonade mix OR 1 packet of  Koolaid sugar free lemonade
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. cloves, nutmeg. & ginger
1 t. cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together.  Store in air tight container.
To serve; add 2 T. mix to 1 cup hot water.  Microwave 20 to 30 seconds.  Stir and serve.

I didn't have a name for this recipe, but I took a bottle of it to a friend when she was sick.  She said, "What is it?  Friendship Tea?"  So that became it's name.  I often take this to someone who is sick or recovering from surgery.  It is great for sore throats too!  Last weekend Tanner was spending the night and at bedtime he said, "Grandma I have a sore throat".  I asked him if he would like some Friendship Tea?  He agreed with a little bit of hesitation as he has never had it before.  He drank it all down and he was cured!!
It is also great for tea parties or anytime you want something warm inside!!  I keep this on hand at all times!  and I even supply it for my children's families.....maybe they will discover this recipe too someday????

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies