Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheddar Potato Chowder

This recipe came from Laurie Charley. Laurie is my daughter that I share with Marcia. I am Mom #2. Laurie is a wonderful cook. Laurie said, "This soup is one of my families favorites! I found this recipe while doing Weight Watchers so I use low fat cheese to keep the points low. We invited friends for dinner after church tomorrow and this is what I am going to serve, with crescent rolls. I will put all the veggies in the crock pot to cook while at church and then just make the cheese sauce when I get home so it will be quick to serve."
I can't wait to try this one!!!

Cheddar Potato Chowder
2 cups water
2 cups red potato, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
¼ cup onion, chopped
½ cup celery, diced
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup flour
2 cups skim milk
8 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup lean ham, diced
Combine first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 min. Place flour in sauce pan whisk in milk, bring to a boil over med. heat; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat, add cheese, stir until melted. Stir in ham and cheese mixture into undrained vegetables.
1 c.=4 pt. in Weight Watchers

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies