Sunday, January 11, 2009

Vegetable Salad

In April 2008 5 high school girl friends came to my home for lunch. LaRae Harris Wilson flew from Reno just to have lunch with us. How fun is that! Anyway Linda Craig Savage brought this salad and it was so good. She sent me the recipe and since I don't want to loose it I'm entering it here for safe keeping. The other 3 friends were: Lorraine Limb Robinson, Sherri Thornock Walton & Tonya Harrison Keene.
We ate, talked, laughed and shared stories for the entire afternoon. Friends Forever!!

Vegetable Salad
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cut in bite size pieces and add:
1 box frozen peas
4 stalks celery, chopped fine
1/4 cup chopped onion

Sauce:
2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons vinegar or dill pickle juice
1 teaspoon salt

For the size of salad on the day of our get together I only used 1/2 the sauce.

Thanks for sharing Linda!!

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies