Monday, December 22, 2008

Cranberry Orange Bread

After Thanksgiving I had alot of Cranberry Relish left. I felt I needed to make something with it. I took a Blueberry Orange Bread recipe and made several adjustments and this is what I came up with.
Combine:
4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
Stir and set aside.
Place in mixing bowl:
2 eggs
1 c. orange juice or 1 2/3 c. orange juice & NO WATER
2/3 c. water
4 T. melted butter
1 1/2 c. cranberry relish
Start mixer and gradually add dry ingredients, mix just until combined. Pour batter into sprayed loaf pans. I made 5 medium sized loaves (3 1/2 by 7 1/2 inches). Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Larger loaves will take longer to bake, about 65 minutes. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool.
I glazed the loaves with:
powdered sugar (about 1 1/2 c.)
Orange juice or milk (start with 1 T.)
1/2 t. vanilla
Mix to desired consistency and spread over the top of loaves. Once glaze has set wrap loaves in saran wrap. Then freeze or let sit for 24 hours. I think this allows the flavors to blend. I think freezing them makes them more moist.
If you want the glaze to be shiny add 1 -2 T. melted butter.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies