I have been experimenting on a favorite recipe adding a few tips that I learned about making over the top cookies. Browned butter is a big flavor intensifier!! If you know me at all....I chose the microwave version. No burning, stirring or mess!!
Browned Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. browned butter, cooled
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. soda
1 t. cornstarch or clear jel
1/2 t. salt
3 c. flour
1 c. toffee heath bits
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 milk & 1/2 semi-sweet)
sea salt (if desired)
Brown butter in the microwave: place butter in covered glass dish. Microwave in High for 5 to 7 minutes, checking on it every 1-2 minutes. It's ready when you smell the caramel aroma and see golden brown specks around edges and bottom of melted butter. Before removing from the microwave cool for 2-3 minutes, as the dish is very hot.
Place in mixer bowl; browned butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. beat will.
Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture. Mix.
Add the toffee and chips.
Chill dough for 1 to 12 hours. Form into balls. If desired sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes.
I usually bake half of these and freeze the remaining half of the dough balls for baking later.
No comments:
Post a Comment