Monday, November 20, 2017

Speedy Donuts x 4



Since I got my BIG mixer this Halloween I decided I needed to figure out how to make one big batch of donuts for my Trick or Treaters!!  I made a few changes but mostly 4 times my regular version.

Speedy Donuts x 4
Place in 8 c. measure:
2 c. warm water
1/2 c. yeast
1 T. sugar
Stir & let sit.
In another 8 c. measure:
4 c. milk, scalded in the microwave (on high  stirring 2 or 3 times until milk reaches 185 to 195 degrees)
I did 3:33 x 2 + 1 minutes
After milk is scalded stir in:
2 c. Crisco Shortening
Stir until melted and set aside.
Place in mixer bowl:
10 eggs
1 c. sugar
2 T. + 2 t. salt
16 to 18 c. bread flour
Pour in the yeast mixture and mix slightly, using the DOUGH HOOK.
Add the scalded milk mixture and beat well, until dough is smooth and elastic.  Add more flour only if needed.
Let rise about 30 minutes.
Roll dough out to 1/2" thickness.  Cut into doughnut shape and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.  Allow to rise again.  A warm oven can be used to speed up this process.
Fry in 375 degree oil on both sides.  Drain on paper towel lined cookie sheet.  Glaze while slightly warm.

GLAZE
3 lb. powdered sugar
1 c. water
2 T. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
Stir well.  Add more powdered sugar OR water until desire consistency is achieved.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies