Friday, November 17, 2017

Crock Pot Stuffing

Steve volunteered to bring the stuffing for his work Thanksgiving Feast. I decided the best way to do this was to put it in the crock pot.  Since I hadn't ever done it that way I was a little nervous that it might not turn out.  Since it worked out great I decided I better post what I did so I can do it again in the future and actually remember what I did. 

Stove Top Stuffing in a Crock Pot
5 - 6 oz. boxes Stove Top Stuffing
3/4 c. melted butter
6 c. chicken broth or water (I use chicken broth)
Stir together in large bowl. 
Spray a large crock pot and fill with the stuffing.  It is important that the crock pot is filled to the top.  Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.  If it appears to be drying out you can add more water or chicken broth. 

Additional add ins:  if desired
2 Cups onion
2 Cups celery
Finely chopped in a food processor and stir into the stuffing prior to placing it in the crock pot.  


No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies