Saturday, January 11, 2014

Carmelized Frosting

Well I read an article about carmelizing butter, and I thought; that would probably make really good frosting.  Since I seem to be hung up on anything caramel I wanted to try it.   So I adapted Mom's decorator's icing into this....wonderful caramelized frosting!!!  I put it on a Spice Cake to take to Aunt Thelma for her birthday tomorrow!!

CARAMELIZED FROSTING
Place 1/2 c. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Stir occasionally until it starts to bubble.  When it is bubbling really good lower the heat a little more.  Continue to cook and stir and watch really closely, until it turns golden brown and sends off a caramel aroma; that is when you know it is done.  Remove from heat.
Place in mixer bowl:
4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. cream or milk
2 t. vanilla
Pour caramelized butter over the top and turn on the mixer.  Beat well and add more milk or powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.


No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies