Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Creamy Cucumber Salad


I am always interested in another cucumber recipe.  I never seem to get tired of cucumbers and I've yet to find a cucumber recipe I don't like.  I think this will be pretty with my solid red radishes that I have growing in my garden.  I hope the radishes and cucumbers are ready at the same time.  
Creamy Cucumber Salad
2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
2 t. salt
2/3 c. plain non-fat yogurt
1 t. lemon juice
6 radishes, thinly sliced
1 t. chopped dill
Toss together the sliced cucumbers and salt in a colander. Let stand to drain for 45 minutes. Press the excess water out of the cucumbers and pat dry. Place in a bowl.
Add the yogurt and lemon juice and toss well. Stir in the sliced radishes and chopped dill. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies