Monday, September 26, 2011

Karla's Pasta Salad

Well I have been wanting a pasta salad recipe that uses cucumbers but won't go soggy or runny and will keep for a few days.  So I have been experimenting and I think I have come up with a good combination of flavors for this amazing summer salad.  Since my favorite pasta salads are all titled by the name of the person who gave them to me I decided I would name this one after me.

Karla's Pasta Salad
16 oz. bowtie pasta or pasta of choice
3 or 4 cucumbers, bite sized pieces
1 red onion, julienne
2 red peppers, julienne
2 T. each - Fresh parsley, chives and dill, finely chopped
Dressing
1 c. Miracle Whip
1/2 c. milk
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. sugar
1 t. each - salt, celery seed, dill weed
1/8 t. pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions, making sure to not overcook.  Rinse pasta and drain well.  Stir together in large bowl; the pasta, vegetables and herbs.  Refrigerate until well chilled.
Stir together the dressing ingredients and refrigerate.  Shortly before serving time stir the dressing into the pasta mixture.  Serve.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies