Monday, July 5, 2010

Herbed Cream Cheese


For my Sweet 16 Garden Party last week I wanted to make something using fresh herbs because we were going to learn about herbs. After a little research and a few changes this is what I came up with. The girls liked it and so does my family. I definitely think this recipe is a keeper.

Herbed Cream Cheese
16 oz. cream cheese, softened (light is fine)
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 cloves minced garlic OR 3/4 t. garlic powder (my fresh garlic isn't quite ready to harvest)
2 T. each fresh herbs, chopped: dill, parsley, basil, thyme, lemon balm, chives (my basil isn't ready yet)
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 t. grated lemon peel
1 T. lemon juice or milk, more if needed; for desired consistency ( iused Lemon juice)
Mix cream cheese & butter together. Add remaining ingredients and beat well. Form into a ball and chill for 2 hours. Decorate with fresh herbs at serving time. Serve with crackers.

I spread some of this on flour tortillas and rolled them up and sliced them into mini pinwheel sandwiches. They were really good too.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies