Monday, July 5, 2010

Herb Green Onion Bread

This recipe is for the bread machine, but, I made it be a big round loaf. I made this in the bread machine when Evelyn and Gary were here. We thought yum. So I made it for the kids today and they all LOVE it. So here is the recipe for all. Karla I hope you like it too. ~ Marcia McCormick

HERB GREEN ONION BREAD
1 1/2 pound loaf 2 pound loaf
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions 3/4 cup
1/2 teas. dried basil 3/4 teas.
1/2 teas. dried thyme 3/4 teas.
1/4 teas. dried rosemary 1/4 teas.
2 Tbls. butter 3 Tbls.
1 cup milk 1 1/3 cups
1 egg 1
3 cups flour 4 cups
2 Tbls. sugar 3 Tbls.
3/4 teas. salt 1 teas.
1 teas. yeast 1 1/4 teas.

Suppose to cook onions, basil, thyme and rosemary in butter til onions are tender. Cool. (opps I didn't do). Add to the rest ingredients. Select basic white bread cycle.
I removed the dough and formed a round loaf. When I baked it in the oven, I baked it at 350 for 35 mins. The onions were fine without the sauteing them. Enjoy.

I have lots of green onions right now in the garden. I could also use my fresh herbs to make this too. When using fresh herb double the amount called for. I need to try this one soon!! ~ Karla

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies