Saturday, August 1, 2009

Frittati


Nope!!! I don't know exactly how to pronounce it but, a frittati is; a filling omelet which requires only a few eggs, a little flour and a handful of vegetables. It is an Italian dish. So if you have an over abundance of ZUCCHINI, here is a recipe for you!! I found this recipe last year and really liked it. I made it for breakfast today....trying to use up some zucchini!!! As you can see for the 2 of us I should have made a half of a batch.
FRITTATI
1 c. Bisquick
1 c. grated zucchini
1 small onion, grated
1/2 c. oil
1 c. grated cheese
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
4 eggs
Combine all ingredients, except the eggs, and mix well. Beat the eggs until fluffy. Add the other ingredients to the eggs and stir well. Spray a casserole or souffle dish. (I used an oval 1 1/2" deep casserole dish). Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes, until the center is cooked and the top is golden brown. Serve warm.

Steve likes to put catsup or salsa on it. I like it plain.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies