Friday, May 1, 2009

Mexico Pinto Beans

Since I have cases of Canned Pinto Beans in my storage room I decided I should figure out another recipe to use them. We enjoy eating at Costa Vida and we really like their pinto beans. So last summer I made up this recipe and then I lost my notes...I just found them in the camper...so before I loose them again.

Mexico Pinto Beans
2 large cans Pinto Beans (rinse & drain)
Stir in:
1 can chicken broth
1/2 to 1 t. garllic powder
2 T. grated onion
1 T. grated jalapeno pepper
1/4 c. brown sugar
Heat in microwave until warmed through. Serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say 2 large cans of pinto beans, do you mean the 27 oz can? If I only use one can I assume I half the rest of the ingredients, correct? Thank you

Karla said...

yes....27 oz. cans
& Yes.....if you use half the beans use half of everything else.

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies