Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving/Holiday Popcorn Mix

I wanted a Thanksgiving Snack for munching, so I set out to create one.  I love my go to snack of microwave popcorn drizzled with melted almond bark so that became my basic recipe. I added bugles to look like cornucopias, I added pretzels for a color contrast and fall colored candies.    This is what I came up with....and everyone loved it.  I think it will be made very often...not just for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving / Holiday Popcorn Mix 
2 bags microwave popcorn, popped 
about 3 c. Bugles (just dump some in)
about 2 c. pretzels (just dump some in)  
1 c. Reese's pieces candy
4 or 5 squares melted almond bark (I prefer 4)  
 Mix together in large metal bowl: popcorn, Bugles, and pretzels .
Melt almond bark in microwave at 50% power, stirring every 60 seconds until melted.  Drizzle over the popcorn mixture and stir well. Stir in the candy pieces.  That's it!!

I had planned to add candy corn too but I forgot.  Maybe next time?

For Christmas I used Corn Chex Cereal instead of the Bugles and M&Ms instead of Reese's pieces.  I took this to our Garden Club Party and every crumb was gone.  It would be great for any holiday and can be changed according to your likes....I am changing the name to Holiday Popcorn Mix.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies