Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Strawberry Salad Dressing

It has been a long time since I have posted...our home fire has taken all my time and energy.    But it was nice to finally post a couple recipes yesterday.  The construction on our home has finally begun and most of my replacement lists have been turned in.  There is still much work ahead but maybe a short break or a little time to think about something else.  It has been a long 11 weeks!  Shortly after the fire, Janet brought me a salad with this yummy dressing on it.  It was so good with a super strawberry flavor, I just had to have the recipe.  Janet said she got the recipe from her daughter in law, Aryn.  This is especially great over fresh spinach and sliced strawberry salad.  I think I would throw in a tablespoon of poppy seeds in after blending it up and sprinkle the salad with sliced almonds.  Paula Deen adds a sliced cucumber to her salad greens, Janet added some mandarin oranges and I have also seen sliced red onions and craisins sprinkled in too.  Lots of possibilities!!

Strawberry Salad Dressing
1 c. olive or canola oil
1 c. sugar
6 lg. strawberries (fresh is best but frozen works)
1/2 t. black pepper
1 t. kosher salt or 3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. dried parsley
1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
Place all ingredients in blender and blend.  Refrigerate.


No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies