Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tortilla Soup.....

This recipe came to me from Rita Crawforth....we were planning the luncheon for our RS Women's Conference.  So she sent me this recipe to try....it is so cold outside.....the perfect time for warm comforting soup.

Tortilla Soup
I can diced tomatoes (I pureed them)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 - 14 oz. cans chicken broth
1 can refried beans (can also add 1 can white beans to make more hearty)
1 can corn or hominy
2 c. cooked chicken
Mix and bring to a boil.  Top with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.

I added 1/4 c. taco seasoning, 1 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper, 1/2 t. garlic & onion powder
Next time I think I will add 1/4 c. ranch seasoning like I add to my taco soup just to see if we like that too.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies