Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lemonade Ice Cream


This recipe is from Kate Ensign-Lewis.....one of the authors of "Our Best Bites"........When I think of summer, I think of this refreshing dessert.
There’s something about this recipe that just whispers to me across the sands of time. From summers spent eating it on the patio at my grandma’s house to stealing an extra piece after our Fourth of July celebration when I was 9 (and owning up, unsolicited, to the pilfered piece later, like a good little Mormon girl)—it just speaks of summer throughout. Maybe it’s the freshness of the lemon. Maybe it’s the cold sensation of ice cream. But I have a theory that it’s both.

It’s super easy:
She didn't name it and so I will call it "LEMONADE ICE CREAM"  and I am thinking that I would make it without the crust too just in an individual serving cup.  
1 box Nilla wafers
¼ cup butter, melted
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
½ gallon vanilla ice cream (softened)
8-ounce pink lemonade from freezer section (thawed)

Pulse 1 box (or about 36 cookies) of Nilla wafers in food processor until pulverized (like what you would expect in a graham cracker crust). Add butter and sugar and stir. Press into bottom of 9×13-inch pan.

Stir softened ice cream and lemonade in a large bowl until well combined. Spread over crust and allow to freeze until hardened, about 3 hours.

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies