Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Truffles by Laurie....

Laurie makes wonderful truffles, so I requested her recipe....

Laurie says, "My truffle recipe is really easy. Whip 1 cup cream until almost butter, add 2 cups melted chocolate. 1/2 tsp extract and a sprinkle of salt. I put the mixture into the fridge for an hour or so then I scoop balls with my mini cookie scoop and roll them into uniform balls. If it sets in the fridge too long and is too hard to scoop just let it set at room temp for awhile.
For the wedding, she wanted coconut flavor so besides the extract I also blended coconut until really fine and then toasted it and added to the chocolate then dipped them in white chocolate. Also when I make almond flavor, I blend toasted almonds until really fine and roll the centers in it before dipping them in chocolate.
Have fun!"

Karla says,
Thank you so much!! What specific type of chocolate (milk, semi-sweet, etc.) do you use??? How long does it take them to set up after the final coat of chocolate??
How many do you think you get out of a batch???
Do you use vanilla extract?? or do you change it with the flavor???

Laurie McCormick Charley says, I use milk chocolate, usually ghirardelli, but I would think any kind of chocolate would work....if you prefer semi-sweet. I usually use white almond bark for dipping, and it is set up in about 30 min. I use my small pampered chef cookie scoop. It makes a nice size truffle and I get 40-45, but you could make them smaller if you need to get more than that out of one batch. I would use vanilla if I wanted a plain chocolate flavor, but I usually use almond, rum, or cherry. I saw rasberry the other day and thought that would be yummy!

No comments:

Lacey Making Teddy Bear Cookies